Deal or No Deal
Ruby based text game
Deal or No Deal is a text based ruby game based on the American popular television gameshow "Deal or No Deal.
- Custom user display welcome the user and prompting them to enter a valid name.
- Fully functioning game with the ability to win $1,000,000 through a series of several rounds of decisions.
- "Banker" feature offering User the opportunity to end the game based on the custom calculated offer algorhythm.
- Ability to store the first suitcase chosen until the final round.
- Custom Display of remaining suitcases at certain rounds.
- Special Final "Banker" offer before moving to final round choice of first suitcase chosen and final suitcase remaining..
- As a user, I can enter my name and have the text based game recall my name on subsequent prompts.
- As a user, I can choose between 15 briefacase and store 1 briefacase to be brought to the final round.
- As a user, I can be offered by the "Banker" a certain amount of money after certain rounds of choosing suitcases and choose to end the game by taking the cash offer.
- As a user, I have the possibility to win between $1 and $1,000,000 dollars.
- As a user, the program can validate my responses to make sure I am entering a valid name and number response.
- As a user, at certain rounds I can view the remaining briefcase values to base my offer from the "Banker" on.
Demo Details : This demonstration shows the welcome, instructions of the game, user input of name, storage of first briefcase, validation of briefcase number, "Banker" offer, and option to continue to subsequent rounds.
My contributions to the project : This project was created with two other fellow student at LEARN Academy in San Diego, CA. I worked collaboratively with my teammate to design the ruby logic necessary to build a functioning game. We collaboratively developed the user story and custom Banker algorhythm. In addition I assisted with data framing and storyline creation.
Future Features: 1) Creation of countdown timer. 2) Addition of text animations.